Sunday, October 31, 2010

How the Holy handgrenade of Antioch went off in my living room....... or more like I needed to clean the damn place up.

So with all the drama and model making and what note the house slowly descended in chaos, and none more so than the area I spend time working on models.


To keep with the Monty Python theme from last post it had looked like the Holy Hand-grenade of Antioch had been set off in the house. So I resolved to tidy up the area and organize a little.

Recently Harley had been at Bunnings the local mega hardware store chain down here and found some nifty storage units, so with determination and sound of my Wife telling me off if I didn't sort the mess out soon, I purchased a unit to begin the tidy up of the bits of arms guns and what not and get some order back into my working area.

I must say its worked out well, and now the step is as I hunt through a sprue I will clip all the bits off and sort them into these trays.  I plan to get a 2nd on for terrain bits, modeling equipment  and what not but this has been a very fruitful start to organizing my space.






So with the tidy space and a happy wife I then returned to the ongoing project so here are a few more WIP shots of models being worked on.













Anyway that's about it for the weekend. But Id be interested in what others do to keep the bitz at bay and organize their workspace.

Cheers

JP

2 comments:

  1. Right now I just have bits divided up into either jars or ziplock bags, although getting better organized is a goal of mine. I'll likely be moving to a new house in a few months though so I'm not going to worry about that until after the move.

    The marines you've been assembling look fantastic and I really like the way you do their bases. Do you have to pin the models to the cork or can you just glue them directly to the material? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Papa JJ, pining is the preferred method, reason being is that with use you really don't want to risk the model coming apart from the base.

    You don't need more than one pin in either leg, once the superglue bonds it creates a very strong anchor to hold the model in place.

    It also allows for more dynamic poses, as you can shift the model as needed to create movement.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete