Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Raven Company Begins

Hi all, 

Its been a while between drinks and in all honesty i think i need a stiff drink after the last few weeks. Work has been very very full on, its seen me with allot of time looking at computer screens and not much else. 

Yet in among all this a large package arrived one afternoon from the UK. Forgeworld had arrived to my merry corner of the world, and the work to create the Raven company began. 

In amongst this a dear family member has been diagnosed with cancer and over the last few days this has sapped what was left of my emotional and physical reserves.  Suffice to say its been a hell of a week with more to come.

Slowly though over the past weeks, a few minutes here and a few minutes there while I either baby sat my sister in laws kids, or took a break from work or life in general I've been picking away at these models seen here.

Bit by bit squad 1 has come to life and with the assistance of Harley so has 5 drop pods. There is a mountain of work to do still and I see myself caught up in the build phase for a few weeks yet before i return to the paint brush. 

But all in all I'm really enjoying this, and with allot more pre-design than before these models in my opinion already show a high level of character and movement.

There is a special model I'm working on as well or the Lord and I must say I'm really really satisfied with his  progress as well. 

In the coming weeks ill post up the dreadnought's, the dreadnought drop pods and the other squads as well. 

I'm also still working on the main back story and for those following the blog that should be up as well. But with life and its demands I'm not going to make any firm commitments.

I hope you enjoy what you see and any comments are always welcome. 

Cheers

Jon-Paul













Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Those guys are looking brilliant - great work and I love the mixture of different kits you've got in there, really distinctive.

    Good luck with your surrounding family/work issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, please, please tell me those weapon barrels will be getting drilled. It would be a grave injustice to have such beautiful models with all of the expensive bits with that one key detail missing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Lord Henchmen of course they will its just a matter of all in good time :P. As I said theme of the day is slowly slowly here. Thank-you for the feedback though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh little doubt Henchman it will be I who actually drills out his gun barrels, but i assure you they will get done.

    Looking good mate, some of those are really dynamic poses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pfft Von Drakin, you wish!

    Like I'm going to let your chicken blood stained mits near these models.

    I have 10 monkeys out the back working the worlds greatest novel who can do that or me.

    Thanks guys models are coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your models look awesome! Especially with the sense of momentum. My hat is off to you sir!

    ReplyDelete