Thursday, April 26, 2012

Comon Forgeworld Really?



So today I got my Tartaros Pattern Terminator armor and Asteron Moloc models- to be honest I was excited, looking forward to the models and the conversions i have planned, but that will have to wait.


The Asteron Moloc Models are great- exactly what I expect from Forgeworld- the terminators well ill let the photo's speak for themselves.





So 3 torso's not cast well- heaps of flash (yes it can be removed)  very poor definition on the models torso and air bubbles.

Compare this to the asteron moloc model (what I usually expect).


Really great definition - little to no flash and great definition on the models.

Now I dont know about you but I expect better from Forgeworld Ive never had such a poor showing- of course the comparison to Finecast are annoying and we know there where earlier comments on this with some items coming out in this format.  Viewing communication from Forgeworld asserting that their quality control is better I thought well they have been the game longer so give them the benefit of the doubt.

To be honest I'm not so sure anymore.

I'm going to email forge-world and rely on their so far excellent customer service and see where that takes me- beyond that I'm going to have to see what I can do about this issue from a modeling point of view. Though i dont think i should be paying 36 Pounds and wait 3 weeks for this lack of quality.

What does this mean for future spend with GW and Forgeworld- well ill wait and see but this has not been a good experience so far.

2 comments:

  1. yeesh bad luck mate.

    I am a bit of a FW junkie and the prospect of things going the Finecat route worry me a lot, especially after seeing this :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah its really disappointing to say the least- will see what they say just emailed them.

    ReplyDelete