Thursday, December 16, 2010

Furioso Librarian


Well this is the culmination of some failed starts and and numerous attempts.

In the end I struck on the idea of using war machine parts in particular parts from the Cygnar Stormclad and the heavy warjack from the Protectors of Menoth.

In allot of ways I was a little nervous about the way the two product lines would combine but in the end I think personally this has resulted in a very good fit.

For the Force weapon and both arms a liberal use of Dragon forge pewter cables that has added that Imperial feel to the warmachine parts.  I also made the blood fist with Lightening claws with cut down power swords which is an idea I saw on the web.

So I haven't picked a name for him yet but here he is:













Cheers JP 

9 comments:

  1. Loving it.

    I considered purchasing one of those Dark Angels dreads too, just for all of the flowing scrollwork. It's a fantastic model. Of course, you took it to a whole nother level with the extensive conversion work.

    I presume you're using the BA codex for his rules. But is this a ravenguard dread (I ask because of the symbol on the arm)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very awesome model! I am absolutely going to steal some of your bitz ideas for doing my own Furioso Libby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warhammer39999 the symbols are from the raven-guard and the black templar's, but the concept is that these models are from the 2nd Company "Raven Company" for the chapter 1st Company is the Wolf Company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool man, the stance is great and the warmachine parts fit nicely with the rest of the model...a good idea that was well executed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Consider the lightning claws stolen... again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! Can not wait to see it painted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers guys yeah hes on the table to be painted 2nd after the honour guard and librarian
    ill throw some WIP painting shots of them later this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Out of curiosity, what psychic powers are you playing him with? I haven't really found two psychic powers I really like for use on the libby dread. Wings of Sanguinius (moves like jump infantry) and Might of Heroes (+D3 attacks) are nice, but I don't really like the wings as much... I managed to fail the psychic test and immobilize my dread the very first time I ever used it. On the other hand, I love might of heroes. It allowed me to hold my own against a demon prince for four player rounds of combat, until a couple of oblits with chainfists showed up. Still, I put a pair of wounds on the prince, so it could have been worse.

    ReplyDelete