Saturday, June 29, 2013

Reaver Titan - Second Post



Day 3, Tempers are wearing thin. Let's just hope some robot doesn't kill everybody. no wait, isn't that what we are aiming for?

So after not doing much for a day, contemplating the enormity of the task ahead of me I relented and gave the beast the bubble bath I promised, Read below for soapy pics of the reaver in the nude!



So as to the advise given by several bloggers and you tubers I washed the whole model in the bathtub over the course of an evening, I wont go into too much detail but suffice it to say Ichiban painting has a great tutorial (which tbh isn't super necessary!) which can be found here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8o6E0ufkNA 

It might not look like much but thats half a small fortune soaking merrily away!

Several things I did find very useful however are my trusty old toothbrush collection, draw organiser and office paper trays, as seen in the photos, this allowed me to have a 'wash tub' for the small parts then transfer them to a plastic draw to soak in soapy water for several hours and not have to hunt in the bathtub for tiny annoying pieces while at the same time keeping all the different sections separate. the larger sections were easier to find but having the trays immersed in the water meant all I had to do was lift the tray (carefully) out of the water and lay it on a towel to drip dry after being rinsed in clean water.

The washtub is the big one in the top right of frame, with the small draws left to soak

yeah its midnight... yay!

Layed out on an old towel to drip dry the bulk of the water

small parts drying aswell!

trays stacked under the desk in an out of the way place to air dry!
Now its just a matter of waiting for the parts to dry naturally, then comes the build phase... oh dear lord save me!


There was something so pleasant about that place.

No comments:

Post a Comment